Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, August 18, 2023

It's In The Bank

My parents were born around the time of the Great Depression. They struggled to make a living; therefore they didn't have much money left over for savings until later in life. However, they knew how to create treasure that was worthy. They stored it in Heaven's bank.  

It’s In The Bank 

I made an investment paying dividends;

I hope it never ends;

It went to friends. 

Another paid a good interest rate,

And that is great;

Nothing to bemoan or berate.

It put food on a poor man’s plate.

I strive to grow my wealth 

And seal my future health

By placing treasure in Heaven’s bank

Where the interest won’t tank; 

Where cash 

Makes the best splash.  

I find no fault 

In Heaven’s vault.

It’s the best bank anywhere-

No traps, no snare-

No market falling scare.

In Heaven’s bank 

Cash doesn’t grow moldy and dank.

It’s becomes a treasure,

Serving others, to give God pleasure.  

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 8/15/2023 

 

“Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.” 

1 Timothy 6:18-19 NIV

 

 

 

1 comment: