Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, August 22, 2023

The Fork In The Road

I am far from being an expert at hearing God's will spoken, often making impulsive decisions and just being hopeful they are the right ones. However, I know there is truly a process to listening for God's voice. 

Finding a place where all is peaceful and silent is a good way to start: 

S eek God 
I gnore worldly voices  
L end the ear
E nter into prayer
N oiseless environment
T ake time needed to listen and hear

 

The Fork In The Road

I came to a fork in the road

Not knowing which direction to take.

I felt an ache

In the moments I stood there-

Wide awake.

One path I knew for sure-

The other obscure.

I wanted to take the right road-

One pleasing in God’s eyes,

But my doubts flowed.

I asked God to make me wise. 

I said, “O Lord, please speak.

It’s your will I seek.” 

The fork in the road-

I only ask God’s will be showed. 

 

Mary Crisp Jameson. 8/21/2023

 

“Therefore, Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down and it shall be, if He call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord, for thy servant heareth. So, Samuel went and lay down in his place. And the Lord came, and stood and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak, for thy servant heareth.” 1 Samuel 3: 9-10

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. The noiseless environment is a snap; I take out my hearing aids.

    ReplyDelete