Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, October 8, 2024

A Wasted Year

Yesterday, I studied how the Israelites had to wander 40 years because they were not ready. Then I read the scripture where Jesus told Simon to go out into the deep water and cast his nets. It got me to thinking about missed opportunities and missed or prolonged blessings because of my fear or lack of faith and was inspired to write the following:  

A Wasted Year

 

What joy could have been mine, 

Had- 

I sought God’s design.

Instead-

 I struggled with a wasted year,

Because- 

My future was not clear.

God put a wink into my heart 

And held out His hands for mine to link.

But-

 I did not reach back.

My life had to be set in white or black.

So-

I was pitching tents, 

Not-

Looking for God’s turn of events.

I had weary hours,

Not-

 God’s scented flowers.

I was stressed,

 Not-

In God’s rest. 

Oh! What a wasted year!

Things just were not clear.

Yet, 

God whispered again into my ear,

But-

I had too much fear.

So- 

I wandered another year.

There was so much more I could have won,

If-

 I had only looked to the mighty One.

Instead- 

My year has been wasted;

Whereas-

I could have had His blessings,

And-

Tasted.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson. 10/7/2024 

 

“He said to Simon, ‘Put out into the deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.’” Luke 5:4 NIV 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment