Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, October 5, 2024

Prayer's Continued

Yesterday, I talked about The Lord’s Prayer which is a wonderful example given me in Matthew 6 on how to pray. There are other prayers given in scripture that are also good examples. I especially like the prayer Jabez prayed in 1 Chronicles 4:10:

 

“Oh, that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not greive me!  And God granted him that which he requested.” 

 

     I love this prayer. It tells me that it is okay to ask for God’s blessings although I must continue praying for others and their well-being. I am, however, a little afraid to pray the next part about enlarging my coast, because God may give me more to do than I want, but this is part of being a child of God; He is my Shepherd! "He maketh me lie down in green pastures. He leaders me beside still waters. He restores my soul." 

     The third part of Jabez's prayer is asking God to be with me and protect me from going astray. What a wonderful feeling it is to know with confidence that God is my Protector and Shepherd! I have to note the assurance in the last sentence, “And God granted Jabez his request.” I cling to those words, knowing God will grant me my request, if they are within His purpose for me. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment