Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Shifting Prayer Toward God's Desires

Too often when I pray, I am asking for health, healing, blessings either for me or others. I was reminded this morning of what Paul prayed. Even in his trials, he "shifted his prayer toward what God desired" not what he desired. The devotional referred to Colossians 1:9-14. I am listing these thoughts from the devotional to remind me how to pray for what God desires: 

1. To be filled with the knowledge of God's will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
2. To walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, pleasing Him in all ways. 
3. To bear fruit in every good work. 
4. To increase in the knowledge of God. 
5. To be strengthened with God's power so I can remain steadfast.
5. To joyously give thanks for all God has done for me. 

Lord, I pray for all of the above in my life today and in the future. I pray for Your Almighty will in my life. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment