Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, October 5, 2024

Day 3 on Prayer

I have been thinking a lot about my prayer life and found a good prayer by David in Psalm 19:131-14. David made his prayer very personal and gave the Lord honor. “Keep your servant also from willful sins. May they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression. May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.” 

     Solomon also issued up a good prayer in Chronicles 6. I like how he begins by giving God His rightful honor, and the end acknowledges God’s power. “O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like You, in heaven or on earth…You spoke with Your mouth, and with Your hand have fullfilled it this day.” 

     I also need to consider the prayer Jesus prayed just before He was nailed to the cross. Jesus was burdened when He prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.” Jesus was under a heavy fearful, painful weight, but He remained willing to do God’s will. Jesus completely put His request in God’s hands and was willing to accept God’s answer. 

     I need to do the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment