Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, October 3, 2024

White Chili

White Chili

 

I decided I wanted to cook something different this week. It had been several years since I made White Chili, but I could not find my recipe. Therefore, I settled on my go-to option and downloaded one from the computer. 

 Application: Search for what I want.

 

After reviewing the recipe, I found it called for a can of white beans. There were no cans of white beans in my pantry, but I did find a partial bag of dried white beans. It would take a bit longer but why not just cook the dried beans and then make my White Chili? 

 

Application: When one path does not get me to my destination, try another.

 

Finally, after the soup had cooked, I wondered why this recipe was called White Chili. Maybe it was because the beans and the chicken were white, but my broth was not white. I wanted “White” Chili. Determined! I decided to add a bit of sour cream. Guess what? I did not have any sour cream, so I used a cup of Half and Half with a tablespoon or so of cornstarch and brought the soup to a simmering boil to blend it in. Bingo! I had White Chili.

 

Application: When life takes a twist. Move on! Mix it up! Have Fun! Find a way!


I understand most people will not want to use my newly created White Chili recipe, but it was not only experimental, but fun in the making and ended up delicious. Of course, it was served with good ole Southern oven-baked cornbread and a a slice or 2 of healthy onion.

 

“I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness.” Ecclesiastes 7:25 KJV 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment