Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, May 4, 2024

Planting Seeds

I just had a birthday! Another year older! Yet, I still desire to plant a seed of some kind for God every day. 

     I remember when I was working, there were days I did not want to be there. I wanted to be home, but I knew I had a seed to plant and some kind of harvest to reap. There were often people I did not want to meet, talked with, or struggle to find an answer to their problems, but I smiled and did it anyway. I had a seed to plant!

     Even after retirement, I have seeds to plant whether it is making a dessert to take to a friend (of which I had whether eat myself) or even to visit to a lonely relative, or run an errand (although it may be time-consuming). These seeds are rewarding. The harvest may be small or great, but it is worth-while. 

     You might say, I am a little selfish. If I bring joy to someone, it brings me joy, as well.  It's a good feeling, and that never gets old!

 

Psalm 126:5-6 KJV  “They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. “

 

No comments:

Post a Comment