Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Pray The Scriptures

Since the month of May has 31 days, I am again reading through Proverbs. I must say that although I read the scriptures that my prayer life is lacking. I remember a book I was told about one time and it was, Pray the Scriptures. I never read the book but remember a review on it which stated Proverbs was a good Book to try praying the scriptures. I thought I would give it a try, since I really am lacking in my prayer life. Today is the 22nd, and I am reading Proverbs 22, so here goes:  

Lord, 

     I count my life no worthy than others as I know I am the same in Your eyes. I humble myself in Your presence and trust You, my Lord, the One who saves my soul. You tell me to humble myself before You, feed the poor, teach the right path to others, not to steal, and rid myself of tension and quarrels. I look to you, Lord, to help me do all this for I am weak in flesh. 

     I choose, Lord, to strive to maintain a good name and I choose to trust You.  So, when I am weak and my faith fails, please correct my wicked ways, pull me onto the right path, and help my unbelief. Amen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment