Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, May 6, 2024

The House With No Cost

Summer finds me needing to do a little maintenance around my house. There is always something to do or even a remodel to either keep it in working order or in an up-to-date condition. Often, I think I just need a new house with no yard and no maintenance. I want it clean, up-to-date, and a restful place. I also really prefer not to have to spend money to make the swap. 

The House With No Cost 

 

I want a new house;

One purchased without money or price.

That would be nice.

I want no lease or rent;

One without dollars and cent.

I want it furnished and well-stocked

And the doors not locked.

When weary, it’s where I will find rest,

Where I will feel blessed,

Where I will be good-enough,

Where there will be riches with no fluff,

Where the walls will be shiny and glean,

And where I will be washed clean.

I want a house with plenty

Without paying a penny.

I want a house, I can call home

When I make my final roam.

I want a house where I can dwell with Him,

My God, who fills me to the brim

And formed my every limb.

I want a house,

Dressed in glory,

When I end my earthly story;

A house- my final resting place 

When I gaze upon His face.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson  5/6/2024 

 

“Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given 

us of His Spirit.” 1 John 4:13 KJV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment