Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Fruit

I have often read Galatians 5:22-23, “…the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…”, and wished I could portray all of these from the inside out for others to see. However, I am a complete failure.

     It was interesting to read the In Touch devotional this morning regarding the above list. I know the meaning of each fruit listed, but the devotional defined them in a new way. I am quoting below what was given from In Touch mainly because I want to keep this in mind for reference. The wording may be changed a little as I apply it to myself.

 

Love- is the foundation for all other virtues and is cultivated by me embracing God’s unconditional love. 

Joy- is contentment regardless of my circumstances.

Peace- comes from me trusting God and surrendering to him.

Patience- is developed by me trusting God’s perfect timing.

Kindness- is God’s compassion reflected to others. 

Goodness- occurs as I mirror His righteousness and justice.

Faithfulness- means I am steadfast and trustworthy.

Gentleness- comes when I approach others with humility.

Self-control- requires me to exercise restraint and rely on the Holy Spirit’s strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment