Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, April 4, 2024

Never Give Up

I have been there! Prayed and decided I had prayed long enough and enough years to give up and stop. I had to ask myself, "Is this worthy? Is this something I care enough about? Is this within God's desire? Is it just about me or something bigger?"  I had to remind myself that God's timing is not my timing. 
     I have also often gone to Philippians 4 to give me encouragement:"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me, put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."
     I saw a quote that impressed me, "The Win is coming-don't let the WHEN worry you!" So, I surmise, "Never Give Up." The following ends with a verse from Jonah, and I am sure He cared enough to keep praying.   

Never Give Up 

 

Do I care enough-

Stay tough

Or get in a huff?

Do I want it enough?

Do I really care-

Shed a tear-

Make time to spare-

Pray-

Every hour through the day?

Do I give up in despair

Or stay in prayer 

When life is grey-

When it doesn’t go my way?

Do I keep praying,

Staying,

Never-straying  

When life is rough-

When life is tough?

Do I want it enough  

To never give up

Until God fills my cup?

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 4/4/2024 

 

“From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the Lord his God.” Jonah 2:1 NIV 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment