Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, April 20, 2024

Members of the Body

Years ago, when I sprained my ankle very badly, I had to use crutches to get around. It wasn't until my hands were tied to the crutches and I could not carry anything that I realized how much I needed my hands for daily activities. It was the same with my feet. All the members of my body not only have a distinct purpose, but they have many uses. 

     My eyes are for seeing objects and things, but they should also be used to look compassionately at others; to see their needs and problems. My hands are for carrying and doing things, but they are also for offering help. My mouth is for speaking my mind and thoughts, but it also should be used for speaking forgiveness and love. My ears are for hearing what is being said and what is happening around me, but they are also for listening to the cares and problems of others so I may reach out in compassionate love. My heart is for pumping blood to give me life, but it is also for reflecting love and giving joyful life to others.  

     I pray I will use all the members of my body to share God's righteousness and bear His fruit.  


"...We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work..." Colossians 1:9b-10a

No comments:

Post a Comment