Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, April 12, 2024

The Lion

I have always thought it would be adventurous to take a Safari into the jungle and see all the wild animals. The lion comes to mind as one of the fiercest with it muscular, broad-chested body, hairy mane, and mighty roar. I certainly would not want to meet up with one on foot. 

     I might be more comfortable if I were traveling with Samson. In scripture, when the Spirit of the Lord came upon him in power, he tore the lion apart with his bare hand as he might have torn a young goat. 

     I might not have minded being around a lion if I had been with Daniel in the lions’ den, because God protected him. 

     Yet, I am warned in 1 Peter 5:8 to watch out for lions, “to be alert and of sober mind for my enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”

     I take great comfort in knowing that the lion grows weary, and I have the ability just as Samson did to grow strong. Psalm 34 tells me that. “The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment