Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, April 7, 2024

World News

Corrie ten Boom once said,

“If you look at the world you’ll be distressed.

If you look within, you’ll be distressed.

If you look at God, you’ll be at rest.”

 

That appears true in my life. World news certainly depresses me. I find little joy in hearing what is going on. If I look within, I often get depressed. I can do nothing myself-I have no power and often at a loss to know what to do or how to do it. My thoughts lead me astray. However, if I look at God, I have peace and rest within my soul. 

     Scriptures about God give me rest and peace for I know He is my power. He rules! Below are just a few I look to for rest in God. These should be made World News.

 

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” 

 

Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” 

 

Psalm 4:8 “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone Lord make me dwell in safety.” 

 

Psalm 46:10 “He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.” 

 

This is my quote:

Only God can change World News.

Only God can rid the depressed.

Only God can give peace and rest.

 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment