Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, November 22, 2016

2 Days Until Thanksgiving

     Continuation on my Thanksgiving Day Countdown Blessings...

     With 2 days until Thanksgiving, and I have family coming in, it is time to do some house cleaning.  Those days of dusting and vacuuming come around too quickly for me.  I would much rather be outside racking, bagging, and burning leaves.  In either case, I am so thankful for my home.  I have been very blessed!
     When I think about my home and how much I love decorating it and making it look festive for the coming Christmas season, I can't help but think about the home God has prepared for me and how lowly it will make even the most elaborate one here on earth look.  Even the exterior will diminish anything we could ever imagine.  "The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city is of gold, as pure as transparent glass."   The city itself will shine, "with the glory of God, and its brilliance like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal."  We will not need the sun or moon for the "glory of God will give us light." 
     For more about this great promised home which God has prepared for the believer, read Revelation 21.  I am so thankful that I have this wonderful home prepared for me.  "My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?"
     I pray that all will come to know Jesus and accept Him as their Savior so they, too, can join me in this great wonderland of joy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment