Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, November 10, 2016

14 Days to Thanksgiving

     Thanksgiving is just around the corner with only 14 days remaining until I feast on turkey, dressing, and all the yummy trimmings that go along with it.  In fact, my family, which will include siblings, nieces, nephews, and their children (about 30 people this year), has already planned the menu, and everyone has been designated what food they will prepare and bring.
     Even though the food spread out along the length of two tables is not the high-light of the day, but rather the fellowship with family, I am so thankful I am fortunate to have an abundance of food and water.  I may not have always had what I wanted at a meal, but I have always had plenty to eat and drink. 
     As I sat in "A Friendly Shade" planning the Thanksgiving menu, I am reminded that Thanksgiving is a holiday that should be more than just about being thankful.  It should be, as is everyday of the year, an opportunity to share my good fortunate with those less fortunate.  It is a time to share with those who have less; those who are daily hungry; those who will not have a feast upon their tables. 
     I am thankful to be a part of the Thanksliving program of sharing food through our church ministry where sacks of groceries are delivered within the community to those in need. 

Proverbs 22:9 "He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor."

No comments:

Post a Comment