Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, November 12, 2016

12 Days On The Countdown to Thanksgiving

     With 12 days remaining until Thanksgiving, I have found yet another praise to give and in which to be thankful.   First of all, I am thankful for the disciples who traveled with Jesus.  They laid the path for the teaching of God's Word among the nations when Jesus gave what is called the Great Commission in Matthew 18:19-20,  "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
     We have several church families who are taking up this call, at home and abroad.  We have pastors worldwide who are taking up the call of God to spread the Word.  I am so thankful to missionaries all over the world.
     I pray blessings upon a family who has led our church in song for many years.  They have just recently sold their new home and furnishings to "go and teach the nations."  During this call they have had  set-backs with two different health issues, but they have remained faithful to the call.  We have another young married couple, from our church, with two young children who are doing mission work out of the states.  There are others in our church who travel to foreign lands to witness.   I know God is blessing this work and for that I am grateful.  I give praise to God, and lift up prayers for protection, good health, and the success of their ministry as they win souls to Christ.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment