Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, November 14, 2016

10 MORE DAYS TO THANKSGIVING

    As we were reading Jeremiah 31:32 today in Sunday School, one part in it claimed my attention.  "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:"     It can't be overlooked!  The Lord "took them by the hand."   He was their true faithful guide and deliverer until He was rejected by them.  Is that what we do in our daily walk?  We don't trust enough to let God lead us by His hand.
     So what am I thankful for today?  It is the fact that God's mighty powerful hand is extended to me 24/7 if I will just trust Him more, place my hand in His, and let Him lead the way.
     On top of that, verse 33 goes on to tell us, "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."   Isn't this telling me also that not only is His hand extended to help me, but His covenant promises me the  Holy Spirit living in my heart, and I am truly one of God's people because I have accepted Him as my Savior.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment