Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, November 13, 2016

11 Days Until Thanksgiving

 
     When I was growing up, the picture below represented the kind of churches most often found in small rural communities.  Even though they were small churches, the people had large hearts full of respect and love for each other.  
 
 
 
     When I saw this picture on Facebook, I instantly thought about the campaign President-Elect, Donald Trump ran on, "Make America Great Again."  However, what will really "Make America Great Again?"  Only by putting God back into homes, schools, and country can this be done.  And, we cannot really put God into our homes, schools, and country unless we daily worship and find fellowship with Him.   
     I go back to one of my many favorite scriptures which is found in 2 Chronicles 7:14,  "If  my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
     I am thankful to have grown up in a family who made attending church a priority.  It set the tone for my salvation experience and my faith.  By believing that Jesus died for me, and that He is the Son of God I claim His promise of salvation.    

No comments:

Post a Comment