Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, November 11, 2016

13 Days To Thanksgiving

     When I proposed to give something I am thankful for every day until Thanksgiving,  I never realized how much this would effect my life.  This has been so much more rewarding than "shopping with the countdown to Christmas." 
     Today, I am thankful for the blessings of the seasons.  God made the seasons when he created the earth.  Psalm 104:19  He made the moon to mark the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down."  I further believe we will always have seasons although they may not come when expected or issue forth in the same way each year.  Daniel 2:21a "He changes times and seasons;..."   God controls the seasons.  The seasons occur in God's time.  Ecclesiastes 3:1  "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."
     However, when the seasons do come, there is a purpose.  Acts 14:17 says, "Yet he has not left himself without testimony:  He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy."  Leviticus 26:4 also tell us, "I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit."
     Regardless of when the seasons do come, I am ready for each one.  I enjoy Spring when  daffodils, tulips, and early flowers shoot up from the ground and burst open with color.  I enjoy the spring rains and cool breezes.  In the summer,  I am ready for gardening and enjoying the fruits of my labor.  By the time summer heat runs me inside to cooler temperatures, I am ready for cool fall weather when I can glory in the beauty of colorful leaves.  Then finally,  as I labor to sweep up fallen leaves, I am ready for the chill of winter blowing in with promises of a few snow flakes to cover the barren land.  During all the seasons, I enjoy walks in the wood, wildlife, and nature.  I enjoy sunrises, sunsets, and rainbows.
     In my thankfulness regarding the seasons, I cannot leave out the verse in 2 Timothy 4:2 which tells me to, "Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke, and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction."
    


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment