Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, November 15, 2016

9 Days Until Thanksgiving

    The pastor this last Sunday talked about joy in the Christian life.  He provided a quote that I had not heard.  "God is not a kill-joy, He just opposes what kills joy."   The title of the message was "Sing to the Lord."  As I listened, I realized that although I worry about things (which I shouldn't, unless I can fix them) and am sad in times of sorrow, I do still have a song in my heart because of the Holy Spirit living in me.  My daily song does depend on what is going on in my life.  "How?" some would ask, "Can you keep a song in your life when bad things are happening?"    My best answer comes with thankfulness for joy:

            J  - Journey daily with God
            O -Obey His commands
            Y -Yield to a life with Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment