Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, November 5, 2016

19 Day Countdown To Thanksgiving

     My mom and dad are both deceased and, not only am I thankful they are in heaven with the Lord, but I am thankful God allowed me to have such good, hard-working parents who feared Him and raised me in His word.  When I think of my parents, I cannot help but consider the forgiveness of the father to the son found in Luke 15 when the prodical son returned home.  His father ran to meet him, kissed him, and called for a celebration.
     No matter how mean, selfish, or rebellious I was growing up, my parents always showed me love, just as I know my heavenly Father does the same, and so much more.  When I earnestly pray and humbly ask forgiveness, I know my heavenly Father wraps me in His arms and forgives me just as my parents did. 
     I was taught to love others, my family, and God.  For this, I am so thankful, and am reminded of Hebrews 13:1-2  "Let brotherly love continue.  Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

No comments:

Post a Comment