Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, November 6, 2016

17 Days Until Thanksgiving

     With Thanksgiving just 17 days away, I must say, I am thankful for my friends; the friends I made during school which I still have, the friends on Facebook, the friends from my workplace, and the friends in my church and community.  I will admit, some are more casual acquaintances than others, but they are all willing to be prayer warriors when the need arises.
     My closest friend is Jesus.  I am so thankful that Jesus is with me at all times.  I can call upon Him at any moment of the day.  I do not know what I would do or how I would handle life situations if I did not have Him in my life.  As Proverbs 18:24 says, "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." 
     To sum up my friendship with Jesus, nothing says it better than the lyrics to the song, "What A Friend We Have In Jesus."
    
What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear
And what a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer
Oh, what peace we often forfeit
Oh, what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer
Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged
Take it to the Lord in prayer
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness
Take it to the Lord in prayer


 

No comments:

Post a Comment