Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Day, 2016

     Thanksgiving is here!  A time for families to come together in praise and thankfulness before feasting on a meal that is both traditional and tasty.  
     I am looking forward to seeing my siblings, along with lots of nieces and nephews, and I am thankful for another opportunity to join together with them this Thanksgiving holiday.
     Growing up, I have to admit, my brother and sisters did not always get along.  It sometimes took a parental demand for a hug and an "I'm sorry," comment to each other in order to solve some differences.  Other times, it took a good healthy dose of medicine, and in my case, it was a peach tree switch selected by none other than myself.  I didn't know it at the time, but the smallest peach tree limb always hurt the worse.  You guessed it,  I always selected the smallest one I could find on that tree.  I can still see my mother smiling as I made my selection, and I never remember hearing her  say, "This hurts me more than it does you."
     Today, I can truthfully say that I am thankful for the discipline I received.  It taught me respect and forgiveness.  I am thankful that my parents loved me enough to show me the way that I should live; they believed in the guidance provided in Proverbs 13:24, "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."
     As I close my countdown to Thanksgiving with my final comments this season on  being thankful, I pray for safe travel as families unite together, and I pray for harmony and love among them all.   



    

No comments:

Post a Comment