Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, June 27, 2024

Job's Q&A

 When I am down and out, I often go to the Book of Job. Most would say, "Reading Job is too depressing." However, seeing all the problems Job had gives me insight into how thankful I should be. My problems have never been even just a sampling of his. Reading about Job also uplifts as I see Job's restoration and later blessings. It increases my hope by knowing that whatever I lose on this earth will be gained 3-fold and more in heaven. Job inspires me! He had questions and God gave answers. 

Q&A  


How can I question?

Or give full expression?

To the One coming out of the whirlwind;

The One who can heal and mend,

And always my traveling friend.

My task is not to ask: 

Where was I when the foundation was laid?

When all was weighted?

When the stars were placed, and they stayed?

Where was I when the sea was chained

Before bursting forth, uncontained?

Where was I when the clouds were provided billowy apparel?

When the angels sang a joyful carol?

Where was I when the earth was being measured?

When it was being fine-tuned and pruned? 

My questions require no reply

From the One on high.

Yet, He whispers it in the wind, through the breeze,

And I am at ease. 

When all was becoming breathtaking,

I was in the making.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 6/27/2024

 

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Job 38:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment