Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, June 23, 2024

Vengeance

There was a time in my life when I struggled, really struggled with forgiveness.  I had to search the scriptures and read them daily in order to forgive. In doing so, I clung to Romans 12:19-20 among many others. 

Vengeance 

 

“Vengeance is mine!”

That’s God’s quote.

It’s His line,  

followed by a good antidote.

Revenge is not for me to do;

not mine to pursue.

Vengeance is God’s to carry through,

so why should I stew?

God’s the One 

Who said, “Vengeance is mine,

I will repay.!”

That means it’s done in His time,

and not for me to find a way.

My place is to feed,

to give drink;

His Word to heed.

It’s not for me to rethink. 

Revenge is not mine to seek.

I’m not, with the enemy, to dine.

but rather to turn the other cheek.

I’m not, with Satan, to align.

I’m not to be, evil, overcome

but to do good.

Rather revenge succumb,

let goodness be seen and understood.  

Rather than hate, I’m to love instead,

heaping burning coals upon the enemy’s head.

“Give those who do wrong, loving bread!”

That is what God said.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 6/23/2024 

 

“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore, if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he is thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.”  Romans 12:19-20 

No comments:

Post a Comment