Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, June 11, 2024

TRUST

It is hard living life without someone I can trust. There is One who I have come to know and in whom I place all my trust. 

TRUST

In whom I place my trust
Is likened to riches; silver and gold dust.
I trust not in the fake;

Those not caring what’s good for my sake.

I trust not in superman or batman;

For me, they hold no plan.

I trust not in the celestial Santa Claus

Who only has a yearly cause.

I trust not in the rich man on the street

Whom I only casually meet.

I trust not in acquaintances offering ill-advice,

For that I pay a price.

I trust not in my own under-standing, 

Which often leads to a disappointing crash-landing.

My trust has to be founded, well-rounded,

Before I am astounded.

In whom do I trust?

The One who is Just!

The One I have come to know!

The One who makes life flow and me to grow!

The One who made the world spin 

And forgave my sin.

God is the One I trust!

To love Him is to make my heart bust.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson  6/11/2024 

 

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment