Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, June 10, 2024

Love

There are many different kinds of love. Among them is a passionate love, but there is also a friendly neighborly one. There is a love that allows others to be different, a willingness to listen, care, and still be united through our differences. 

     Personally, I like to feel loved, and I like to let others know that I love them, as well. Working for many years in the banking industry, I learned to meet people with a hand-shake, but in reality I am really a “hugger.”  A friendly hug shows that I care.

     Yet, when I think about true love, I have to rely on 1 Corinthians 13 where I learned what love really is. “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way. It is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.”

     Some people love me more than others, but the greatest ever-lasting love comes from my Father. No one else loves me more. “For God so love the world (me), that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever (me) believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”  John 3:16

     I know that God loved me as He was creating me and I know that “We love, because He first love me.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment