Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Sunday, June 16, 2024

Father's Day

As I think about Father's Day, I remember my Dad. I know he would have tried his best to do what was right for me. However, I can't help but think more about what my Heavenly Father did. He truly did what was best; He sent His only Son for me. His Son did what was right and what His Father wanted. He obeyed just as I should do, but in my fleshly nature I fail. I cannot help but think about what I would have done in the Son's situation. 

What I Would Have Done

 I would have hidden and not done what was bidden.

They would have dragged me to the tree.

I would have kicked within the conflict,

Screamed in fear for all to hear,

Showed my grief before the thief,

Wailed and cried before I died.

I would not have forgiven the nails that were driven.

I would have denied guilt as my blood was spilt.

All within hearing would not have seen me persevering.

But, 

Jesus did not hide,

Even knowing spears would pierce His side.

He was not dragged to the tree.

He did not plea.

He did not fight what was to be.

Though in agony at Calvary,

Upon that hill, He did His Father’s will.

He forgave before the grave,

And said as he bled, 

“Father, forgive what they have done to Your Son.” 

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 6/16/2023

 

“Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted His raiment, and cast lots.” Luke 23:34 KJV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment