Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, June 8, 2024

Let Me

It is not always easy to control my tongue, but I can work on it. 


Let Me 

 

As down the road, I walk

Let me

Sing and choose my talk,

Think before I speak in just a blink.

Skip into the day, considering what I say. 

 

As I daily trod, 

Let me

Speak words not emotionally flawed,

Hold my tongue before my speech is sung.

Take considerate note 

Before speaking thoughts that quickly float.

Let not

My mouth be put in motion with rising emotion.

 

Through my walk, 

Let me

 Quietly choose my talk,

Taking the higher road before my words are sowed.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson   6/8/2024 

 

“A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.”  Proverbs 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment