Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Ask In My Name

John 16:24 NIV  “Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.”

     I have always gone right to part B of the above verse, “ask and you will receive.” However, this morning I took a close look at part A, “ask in my name.”  What immediately came to mind was God’s holy name which is to be honored. 

     Just about every non-religious book I read uses God’s name and not in a holy way. I also hear people all the time placing God in front of words that are not uplifting. Why would God send blessings if His name is being tossed around disrespectfully? The following are holy, precious, and to be respected: God, Lord, Jesus, Christ, and any reference to my Creator and Savior. 

    "Lord, I ask for nothing today other than to never use your holy name in vain. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment