Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, August 2, 2024

Drifting and Restoration

I have a fleshy problem with forgetting and ignoring the One who gives  me life, joy, and protection. I often find that I listen to the wrong whisper because of my own desires. I have a daily choice to make.


Drifting and Restoration

 

Yesterday, I drifted a tad-

The day, not as good as some I’d had. 

Today, I drifted slightly more

From even the day before.  

A gradual change, so hard to detect-

With bible reading and prayer left unchecked.

I didn’t talk to the Father today,

And my life felt empty and grey. 

It was time to take pause;

Reconsider my cause. 

I was missing my desire;

Losing my fire;

Losing my joy

As I played into Satan’s decoy.

It was time to take note-

Not allow Satan’s gloat,

With his evil draw

And gripping claw. 

I needed restoration!

I needed to be Godly seeded;

Pray more for what He had in store;

Bible read - and take heed;

Care for others who are my brothers;

Seek the Father who takes me farther.

I had to restore my desire;

Move away from Satan’s fire

And avoid his whispering voice.

I had a choice!

I had to give glory to the One who makes life transpire-

The God who gives me reason to aspire.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 7/30/2024

 

“Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” Ephesians 3:20 KJV  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment