Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, August 14, 2024

The Nails and Instructions

You know, I honestly do not know why anyone that is a billionaire would want to run for President of the United States of America. There is just too much drama for me. I guess, if I were rich, I would simply relax in luxury, and that is probably why I am not wealthy. 

     Regardless, as President Trump said, “I took a bullet for this country.” That being said, what is much more striking and memorable than Jesus taking the nails for me? Nothing compares to the blood pooled around His feet! Nothing compares to His sacrifice! Nothing compares to the pain He endured! There was not even one to help Him off the world’s stage. Why did He do this for me? He did not do it for power or gain. He already had that!

     There is even more to be learned from the nails and the Cross. With the grace (salvation) Jesus gave me, hanging there on the cross, He also gave me learning instructions. He is saying as He hangs on the Cross, “Believe in me”, and He is also saying, “Deny ungodliness and worldly desires. Live sensibly and righteously.” 

     I find this in Titus 2”11-12, “For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age.”

     To take this post one step further, Jesus sat on the throne. He did not have to come to earth to be persecuted, and killing Jesus was not to be. He arose to fight for me. With the calm command of His voice, Satan will flee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment