Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, August 12, 2024

Itching Ears

I often only realize how much my ears, which were provided to aid the body, can affect my health until they get infected. Admittedly, I also ignore the health of my walk with Jesus when I use them wrongly? In 2 Timothy, Chapter 4, I am warned about my itching ears. 


Itching Ears 

 

My itching ears

Leave me in tears

With unlimited fears.

The itch tingling my ear wants to hear

What makes me feel good, 

But, maybe, not what I should; 

Like, disguising lies

And what’s pleasing to the eyes.

My ears itch and twitch-

Listening to sin’s sales-pitch.

They deceive; 

And are naïve.

They hear what I desire and crave-

Not what Jesus gave. 

They don’t listen to sound advice; 

Only hearing what’s deceptively nice-

So, I pay the price,

With untruth

And little wisdom as in my youth.

My itching ears hear myths and fables-

Whatever enables! 

What more can I say in my dismay?

My itching ears

Leave me in tears 

With unlimited fears.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 8/12/2024

 

 “For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.” 2 Timothy 4:3-4 NIV 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment