Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, August 3, 2024

Closed Doors,, Detours, and Roadblocks 2

 Several days ago I read something about Closed Doors, Detours, and Roadblocks and thought what a great name for a movie. Later, I thought maybe that would also be a good title for one of poetry creations. So here goes...

Closed Doors, Detours, and Roadblocks

 

By my own design I am naught,

But by Jesus, I am bought

And taught.

He has prepared a toolbox

Of closed doors, detours, and roadblocks

But no chains or locks; 

He whispers His voice,

While I apply my choice.

Come what may!

Closed doors are for my benefit-

Detours to show a better path-

Roadblocks to keep me straight-

His plan is for  

Building strength,

Dependence,

And a willing mind and heart.

From the very start 

Closed doors, detours, and roadblocks have a reason

Within my established season;

Closed doors are set in place

To slow my pace; 

To correct and to protect.

He created the detours

And sent godly mentors;

The detours to help me navigate-

To establish my fate.

He set roadblocks to steer me straight;

To set my gait;

To find strength within the wait. 

Closed doors, detours, and roadblocks

Are treasures found in my life’s toolbox.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 8/3/2024 
 
“He said, Be still, and know that I am God.” 
Psalm 46:10a NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment