Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Sticks and Stones-Thistles and Thorns

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me” is a phrase I said often as a kid. I understand it dates back to the 1800’s. 

     I was reminded of this saying when I read what God told Ezekieh in Chapter 2, verse 6, “And you, son of man, neither fear them nor fear their words, though thistles and thorns are with you and you sit on scorpions, neither fear their words, nor be dismayed at their presence, for they are a rebellious house.”

     The “sticks and stones” saying was used a defense, and I believe God was saying, not only to Ezekiel but to me, that while “thistles and thorns may be thrown at me, I am to fear not and not be dismayed for He is with me.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment