Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, August 17, 2024

The Harvest

I am attempting to grow roots on a few shrub branches by placing the stems, first in a glass of water. So far, the roots have grown very little, but I am watching them daily. The growth is slow, and I am anxious to get them into a pot of dirt where the roots will take hold and spread. 

     As a newborn Christian, my roots were also slow to grow. Today, I wonder how deep they really are, but I know they are deeper than they were in the beginning; I draw strength from them being more deeply rooted in God’s Word. 

     I also am finding that each new sprout does not produce fruit in the season in which it is planted. Just as when I plant my garden in early spring, it takes patience to wait until summer or fall to reap the harvest- the end result! 

No comments:

Post a Comment