Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, August 6, 2024

The Ways of Love

Scripture gives me many verses about love. The first that comes to mind is “God is love.” The next comes from 1st Corinthians 13, “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice of wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” Then there is the one I found in Isaiah 49 which says, “Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.”

     So when I think about God and love, I know that I have: 

...a God of love- a God of kindness-a God of truth-a God of patience-a God of compassion-a God of grace-a God of understanding-and a God who has me engraved upon the palms of His hands...

     These are all examples of love in which I should strive for, as well. 


P.S. One other thing I know about God's love is that He loves me enough to say, "No!" He loves me enough to close a door. And, I should continue to love Him, regardless, for He has a better plan than what was behind that closed door.  Amen!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment