Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, September 24, 2024

The Fist

There are rewards to the phrase "Let Go and Let God." God is faithful and will carry us through our troubles. Although we may not understand how it will be accomplished, we can trust Him! He cares!

The Fist  


My fist was clinched-my skin pinched.

My fingers held tight as if to fight.

Nothing said would make me let go;

This was my burden-my foe.

I was told, 

“You’re being held back by Satan’s attack;

God will work if willing to give it up;

Release it and let Him fill your cup.

Open your fingers, one by one and rely on the Son.”

I knew I should let go my hold and let new life unfold.

I had to open my fist-

Let my burden and sin disappear from my midst.

I took a deep breath!

If I let it go, I felt there’d be a sudden death.

But I knew I could, if only I would. 

One by one, I opened the fingers clutching my fist.

It was worth the risk.

With palms opened wide, I took pride;

I felt the mighty hand of God by my side.

With palms opened wide, I felt my slavery flee;

I felt free!

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 9/24/2024

 

“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7 KJV

 


No comments:

Post a Comment