Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Friday, September 6, 2024

Understanding

 One of my devotionals this morning pointed out a saying I do not remember reading before. "Seek to understand before you seek to be understood."  Actually that is just a good interpretation of Philippians 2:3b-4, "...Value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interest but each of you to the interest of the others." 
     This reminds me of people who are always grumpy. It is my place to consider what is behind it. Are they a happy soul? Rather than me taking offense, which is my nature to do, I should, instead, consider their need and return to them a happy reply or smile. I may never know what is going on in their lives, but it is my place to be cheerful toward them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment