Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Wednesday, January 10, 2024

A Walk In Nature

I always enjoy a walk in the woods. It give me comfort! However, since it was too cold and windy to take a peaceful walk outside, I did it from remembrances within my mind. I hope you get a vision of my walk. 


A Walk In Nature

 

A walk in nature yields

Trails in the woods and tiptoeing across meadows and fields.

I see the deer that pants for water brooks

And smile at their cautious looks

While rejoicing in God’s favor.

To give thanks, I do not waver. 

I spy the woodland coon

Washing food amid the setting moon.

I feel the presence of God within,

Always thankful for the washing away of my sin. 

I do not despair

But, rather, yield to Him in prayer.

I find a peace!

I feel my restlessness cease.

A walk within nature, amid the wild,

Takes me back to being a carefree child.

And, I feel God has smiled.

Stepping away from the forest land,

I am empowered by God’s awesome hand.

As I stand in the great oak’s shade, 

Might is displayed.

I observe oxen plowing garden rows

And shade my eyes to watch the hungry crows. 

With the ox there is strength,

While the crows lift their voices- 

Seeking seed-filled choices. 

I sense life! 

A presence!

From the Omnipresence.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson – 1/9/2024

 

 “As the deer pants for the streams of water, so my soul pants for You, 

my God.” Psalm 41:1 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment