Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Monday, January 15, 2024

I Do Not Know But I Know!

I did not know if there would be electricity when I woke this morning because of the predicted weather, but I was hopeful. I did not know if the ground would be covered in ice or snow but it was predicted. There was only one thing I knew for sure about this morning when I went to bed last night, and that was that God would be in charge. I was in His care. My surety in life goes something like the following: 


I Know Not

 

I know not what life will bring

But I know how my story will end.

For that I give praise to the King.

I know not the joys or challenges ahead,

But I know of the final victory

Because of the blood my Savior shed.

I know not how long I live

But I know who always does

And what He came to give.

I know not of what, tomorrow, I face, 

But I know who holds the future

And about God’s grace.

So many things I do not know

But I know, my life, God bought

And in heaven, for me, He makes a space.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson 1/15/2024

 

“Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.” Proverbs 27:1  


“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” James 4:14

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment