Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, January 4, 2024

Treasure

I spent 47 years working in banking. I’ve seen people save for their futures and seen people waste and spend and get in debt. I spent years advising clients on how to save and how to get out of debt. As I think back, did I ever tell any of my clients where their real “treasure” could be found? How they could really become “rich”? Where they could really find a “treasure”? How they could be secure in “riches”?

 

     1 Timothy 6:18-19 gives a clue. “Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.”

 

     “The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field…in his joy he went and sold all he had and bought that field.” Matthew 13:44

    

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment