Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, January 13, 2024

Laughter

I am reminded with a happy heart of the slogan, “When you laugh, the world laughs with you, but when you cry, you cry alone.” Actually, I like the first part best because I believe in Proverbs 17:22, “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”  Again in Proverbs 15, I am told, "A merry heart maketh a  cheerful countenance..." I believe God gave us laughter for a reason, and He expects and wants us to laugh. 

     You know, Sarah, who was already in her 90’s, laughed when God said she would have a child. It was a laughter of disbelief over what she heard that she thought was foolishness, and God heard her laughter because He asked, “Why did Sarah laugh?” With the question, I think God smiled!  Again, years later, Sarah laughed after she had born a child when she said, “God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.” 

     Laughter is very much a way of projecting joy. I believe it is very good for the soul. It makes the heart merry. It is healthy! Laughter makes a cheerful countenance. The facial features look a whole lot better with a smile rather than a frown. 

     Have you ever just sat alone and projected good-hearted laughter out-loud? Do it! It makes the heart feel good. 

     "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.....(Do a strong belly laugh. Out-Loud and Alone, of course!)

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment