Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, January 27, 2024

I Am What I Am

 I am sure most folks my age remember Popeye and his famous saying, "I yam what I yam. I'm strong to the finish 'cause I eats me spinach." 
     I would have to change that a bit to, "I yam what I yam. I'm strong to the finish 'cause I love my Jesus." Saying this made me think about how well I am made and what I "yam", so I wrote the following: 

I Am What I Am 

 

I am what I am

And loved by the Lamb.

I’ve no need to be like another

Or talented like sister or brother.

My gifts may be few,

But I’m what the Potter drew.

He gently molded, 

Mashed and folded.

He made not my thoughts like some,

And often I feel plain and dumb.

Yet, the Preparer 

Made no error. 

I was in His awesome plans 

When my ball of clay was in His hands.

I'm awesomely made,

Carefully measured and weighed;

Every freckle, finger and toe

Formed as only He would know.

None the same in every batch;

God didn’t make a match.

With that said,

I proudly tread ahead.

I’m God’s intended design,

So, I need not whine and pine.

I’m what He had in mind.

What I am is what you find. 

 

Mary Crisp Jameson. 1/27/2024

 

“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works: and that my soul knoweth right well.” Psalm 139:14 KJV 

 

 “But now, O Lord, thou art our Father; we are the clay and thou our Potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.” Isaiah 64:8 KJV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment