Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, January 11, 2024

God Has The Day Planned

There are times, many times, I do not sleep well and wake up feeling tired and a little disgruntled. It takes a while to remove my dreadful thoughts of the coming day. It takes a moment to regain the positive knowledge that God has the day planned, and He has by back. It is this knowledge that makes me smile as I rise to face the day. 


Weary And Tired

 

I woke up weary and tired.

But did you know?

Have you heard?

God never tires, 

And I am inspired.

I foresee limits coming my way- 

Maybe speechless, 

Not knowing what to say.

But have you heard?

Do you know? 

God has no limits!

 He goes the distance,

Always ready to give assistance.

I cannot tell what lies before

Or any open door.

I cannot see past the end of the road,

Or what may be bestowed.

But did you know? 

Have you heard? 

God sees the distance-

Only asking I forego resistance.

He offers His hand

Should I stumble,

Or should I take a tumble. 

Do you know?

Have you heard?  

Whatever I lack,

God has my back.

 

Mary Crisp Jameson. 1/10/2024

 

“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” 

Isaiah 40:28-29 NIV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment