Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Saturday, January 6, 2024

Prayer Warrior

“When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up-the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, your Savior.” Isaiah 43:2-3a

     When I consider the above verse, God did not say when I go through deep waters of trouble, I would not get wet from my tears. He did not say I would not have heartache through my difficulty. He did not say I would not feel burned through the flames of my frustration and shortcomings. He said, “I will be with you!”

     Others have the same worldly feelings when they go through loss, troubles, and sickness. They get wet through their tears. They feel burned through their difficulties. 

     Although God is with them, they need my prayers. I need to become a stronger prayer advocate by keeping a handy list of those I am aware of who needs prayers, by being more observant of those I come in contact with, and by lifting up a name that comes to mind when I wake at night. There are so many ways I could become a better prayer warrior. I need to work on this!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment