Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Focus

Last Friday, I created a motto to strive for this 2024. It is Focus On Jesus. There are several definitions for focus. One is to “pay attention”. Another pertains to the eyes. If the level of light is not just right, I cannot see clearly enough to focus my vision. 

     As I walked through the house last night in the dark, I was reaching for a chair here or a wall there-all to help me tread a path without stumbling over something.  I needed light to see. That is what God does for me. He is the Light in the darkness. He guides me through what I cannot see.

     When I woke this morning, the first thing I reached for was my glasses. No matter how good my eyes or how strong my lenses, I can only see so far. I not only need the Light to focus, but I need help to guide me further than the distance I can see. God does that! He has my year planned. He sees further than my vision.  

     If I Focus On JesusHe will get me through.


"Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before Him He endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2 niv

     

No comments:

Post a Comment