Mary Crisp Jameson - copyright material







Thursday, January 25, 2024

Gift of Second Chances

To forgive, by definition, is to stop feeling angry or resentful toward others for an offense or mistake or to cancel a debt.  

     Forgiveness may be one of the most difficult things to do. When Jesus took my sins upon Himself at the time He died on the cross, He gave me the "gift of second chances."  

     What makes it easy for me to forgive us to realize that it helps me. It releases the burden of weight which I do not have to carry around anymore. 

     When I think about it, I am not only giving myself a gift but the one being forgiven a gift, as well. For me, forgiveness is the gift of second chances. 

     I am so thankful I am given second chances daily. So, why not pass it on? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment